Thursday, December 4, 2014

Fall Trip Part 5: Fall Leaves at Kiyomizudera


On Monday the 24th, our last day in Kyoto, we went to Kiyomizudera. This time we actually made it! We had failed a couple of days before. :(

First we had to check in our luggage at the station again. I thought the line wouldn't be that bad that day, but I think it was actually a bit longer.


We thought about taking a bus to Kiyomizudera, but we saw the long line for the bus and decided to walk. It was a really nice day!




We walked pretty quickly most of the way and got hot. I was wearing a sweater but I think at that time I could have been comfortable in short sleeves. Crazy!


The street leading up to Kiyomizudera was very crowded, but not as bad as Saturday night. We thought we would still have to wait in a line when we got close, but luckily we didn't have to stand in line for our tickets at all!


It took us about 45 minutes to walk (at a quick pace) from the station to the entrance of Kiyomizudera.


The main area was pretty crowded, but not as bad as I expected.

Also, as you can see, quite a few of the buildings are under renovation. I didn't care too much though because of I've been there before and I was going more for the view out over the maple trees. At least the main building is uncovered right now, though it will eventually be renovated as well.





Such pretty colors! Some of the trees were a bit past their peak, but many were still very bright.


I saw a lot of girls in kimonos that weekend. I got excited every time I saw them. So pretty! Fall would be a really nice time to dress up and take pictures.



We walked along a path for a little bit and came to the pagoda which we had seen in the distance from the main building. It had looked further away than it really was.


The view from over there was very nice. I don't think I had ever gone over there before.


I really like Match, and the new pink grapefruit version is cute!


That looked like a nice place to enjoy lunch. 



We went down a path that almost no one was on. 


It was kind of crazy that almost no one was there because the rest of the place was crowded. 


The prettiest trees were along that path. It was my favorite part of our trip to Kiyomizudera.


I painted my nails red and gold for our trip. Very fall-ish. :)





There's a lot of construction going on there, but at least they have cute elephant barriers. :)


Such pretty colors!!!! A lot of people were really missing out. Though that made it more pleasant.


I'm glad that we made it to Kiyomizudera even if it wasn't for the night illuminations. Nighttime would be cool, but the trees probably actually look better during the day anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Har Wat Mujhe Milti Rehti Hai Anjani Si Saza
    Main Kisse Pucho Mera Kasoor Kya Hai websites new ideas Khamosh Muhabbat Ka Ehsaas Hai Wo,
    Mere Khwahish Mere Jajbat Hai Wo,
    Aksar Ye Khyal Kyu Aata Hai Dil Mai,
    Meri Pahli Khoj Or Aakhiri Talash Hai Wo. satta king
    play bazaar
    gali chart +
    6.93*-96+
    3

    ReplyDelete