Wednesday, July 9, 2014

May and June Randomness: Baked Kit Kats, Stickers, and More


I took that picture outside of Jonathan's apartment because of the pink house. I love colored houses!


I should have taken a picture a week or so earlier because they looked a lot better. But I still wanted at least one picture before I replaced them.


I replaced the pansies with angelonia, pentas, and lantana. The angelonia isn't doing great, but the other plants are. I think it would be ok by itself but the pentas are doing so well that they're kind of taking over.



One evening at Seiyu I was looking at the gachapon machines and discovered the wonder of sticker machines. I was expecting just some sheets of stickers that came off a roll, but I was very impressed.


They came with nice covers and were better quality than I expected. I think I would have been obsessed with these as a kid!




I plan on making some resin things with them.


I finally got around to making this puzzle that I bought earlier this year. It was a lot of fun to make and is so pretty! It glows in the dark really well. It's kind of creepy, but in a cool way, in the dark.



I recently bought that dress at Arrow. I really love that clothing store even though this is only the second thing I've bought from there.


I got a couple of new things at Shimamura to wear to work.


I thought that those plastic drawers at Seiyu were really cute, but they were over 10,000 yen! Over a hundred dollars! For plastic drawers! I wouldn't have bought them anyway though because I wouldn't be able to take them home and don't need them.


When I first played Pokemon (Pokemon Gold! So fun!) I thought that the bug catchers were weird. I thought they were just something in the game. But bug catching is a thing here in Japan. You'll see kids outside with nets searching for bugs, just like the kid in the image above. I even saw a big group of adults and children at the park with bug catching equipment.

Stores have cages and food and stuff to take care of bugs. You can even buy leaves, lol.
 


I was excited to see a My Little Pony merchandise display at Ito Yokado, but then I saw the prices. The plushies were like 2,500 yen!


Kit Kats have been a bit disappointing recently. Ever since I moved back to Japan there haven't been many new flavors. :( But they may have made up for it with baked Kit Kats. You bake them in the toaster oven. Yeah, seriously.



You would think that they would just become a melty mess, but they crisp up nicely. It only took about three minutes for them to bake and once they started to turn brown it didn't take long for them to finish.


When I bought them I thought they seemed gimmicky and wouldn't be that great. But they were fun and delicious! These were pudding flavored. I would like for them to come out with some more flavors. Chocolate would be nice, but it might be hard to see when they're done.


The Alfort Premium cookies had dark chocolate on them. The Glico candy was cafe ole flavored caramels. Both were delicious!



Mint chocolate Pocky is amazing! It's definitely my favorite Pocky. It's too bad that it's probably just limited. I've gotten some other mint chocolate things recently. It seems to be common right now.


That mint chocolate ice cream was also really good! 


Those were just the usual Koala's March cookies (chocolate filled cookies) but with adorable Tanabata packaging. So cute that I even kept the box!


I was out of milk or cereal or something and didn't want to go to the grocery store, so I got a couple of things for breakfast at Circle K. Both the strawberry melon pan (melon-shaped bread) and peach green tea were delicious.


The grapefruit passion drink was good, but I didn't taste much passion fruit.


I got some mango shaved ice with ice cream at a coffee shop that I can't remember the name of at the moment. Very yummy though!


At Kappazushi Jonathan and I shared a plate of hamburger pineapple sushi. Haha! I thought it was pretty good, but not great. It was worth trying though.


Tortillas are very expensive here, so I tried making my own. They were good and cheap, but kind of hassle to make in such a small apartment. I think I'll just buy them next time.


I bought some pesto at Kaldi. I got on a pesto bread kick and ate that for many meals. Sooooo good! It's just bread with pesto, cheese, and tomatoes. 


I found a recipe for sesame noodles on allrecipes. I followed the advice of a few reviewers and changed the recipe a bit. I used 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1.5 tablespoons of oil, 3 tablespoons of vinegar, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil, and about 1 teaspoon of some random chili sauce that I have. Sorry that I'm not really sure what it is.


I've made pineapple fried rice a couple of times recently. I used onion instead of shallots and didn't use eggs, carrots, green onions, or coriander and it still came out great. Also, I didn't use chicken stock the second time I made it and I didn't notice a difference.


 Jonathan and I went to the Forest Park again in mid May. I've blogged about that a couple times already so I didn't want to do a separate post. But here are a few pictures.


I saw that green car in the parking lot and really liked the color.



Such a fuzzy caterpillar! 


The bridge has a beautiful view but it is just a little bit scary because it's 48 meters above the ground.


There are some random obstacle course thingys there, too.


I hope you enjoyed the randomness!

1 comment:

  1. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone daily.

    Follow our trades right now & earn up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete